Speed and Agility
We ask our coaches to simplify not just the hitting technique itself, but the explanation so young players will understand it. Our coaches have incredible knowledge about hitting and know how to convey their knowledge to younger players.
- When our coaches show their students how to hit a baseball, the most important principle we emphasize is to keep things simple. Kids get bored with long speeches and easily lose interest if you confuse them with jargon and complexities.
- It is also important to consider that not all kids have equal amounts of capability when it comes to baseball skills. It goes without saying that some will have a more natural talent for baseball than others. Still, everyone can learn the sport and valuable lessons in sportsmanship, fitness and teamwork.
- To become a successful hitter, one must have good hand-eye coordination. There are many ways to hit a baseball and each kid can adopt what is most suitable for her or him. To begin learning baseball the right way, however, all kids must start with the basics.
Power Alley OC coaches teach many skills and it is necessary to bring the following to your session:
- Hard Work there is no substitute! Outwork, out learn, and thoroughly prepare yourself to play and be your best!
- Practice does not make perfect a perfect practice makes perfect! If you are going to do something do it right! Learn the right way and Perfect Practice!
- Mental Preparation~ if we have prepared ourselves physically we will have confidence in our abilities and capabilities.
- Concentration, focus, positive attitude and goals are what we preach and teach.
Notable Pitching Statistics
- Strike One – Statistics say a hitter with an (0-1) count vs. (1-0) count has a .100 point lower average.
- Pitch to advantage counts. (0-1, 0-2, 1-2) Make the hitter hit your pitch.
- Eliminate the free pass (walks, HBP) There is no defense for a walk! Walks score!
- Let your defense work for you. 65% of all balls hit in fair territory are outs. We want the ball hit in fair territory before a 3-ball count! (3-0, 3-1, 3-2)
- Reverse Pitching – be able to throw an off-speed pitch in disadvantage counts. (1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2)
- One Pitch at a Time! – the only pitch you can control is the next one. You can’t do anything about the past. You can control the future. A negative pitch you threw can affect future pitches if you do not pitch one pitch at a time!